Win Big and help Second Harvest
feed families across Ontario
ESTIMATED TAKE HOME PRIZE
When you purchase a raffle ticket, you can win 50 percent of the jackpot and 50 percent supports families experiencing food insecurity across Ontario.
Sales End August 13, 2021 @ 3:00 PM EST
Grand Prize Draw: August 13, 2021 @ 4:00 PM EST
Who You Help
5.6 million Canadians are struggling to put food on the table, yet close to 60% of all food produced in Canada is wasted each year. How could there be such a disconnect? This is why we need your help.
I launched this campaign through Second Harvest to raise awareness, and to raise funds: A) to feed those in need; and B) to eliminate wasted food.
For every $1.00 donation, Second Harvest can rescue and deliver enough food to provide 2 meals for Canadians in need. Every $50 donation means lunch for 100 people at a drop-in centre. Every $100 donation nourishes an elderly couple for a month. With your contribution, not only are you feeding Canada’s most vulnerable, but you are also rescuing surplus goods that would otherwise end up in landfills.
Imagine the social and environmental impact YOU can make! Let’s save lives and save the environment.
Together we can make a change, thank you for your support!
How It Works
Rules of Play
Lottery License #RAF1209417
- The lottery will take place online only during July 12, 2021 – August 13, 2021.
- All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Must be in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- Tickets are 5/$10, 30/$20, 100/$40.
- Tickets will be available at online at
- Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend.
- After buying, patrons will receive a confirmation e-mailed with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
- The amount of the 50/50 will be tallied online at
- The winning number will be announced via event website
www.secondharvest5050.cadedicated e-blast to all ticket purchasers and personal phone call to the winner.
- The winner may claim their prize by contacting Kris-John Kucharik, Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Manager
at: (647) 223-5553, or by email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. The ticket may then be brought to 1450 Lodestar Rd, North York, Ontario, M3J 3C1 at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchase for.
- The winner must provide his/her name, address, and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a charity other than Second Harvest, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws:
Kris-John Kucharik, Jessica Westwood-Smith, Liz Nucci, Stacey Kelly, Katie Bedford, Zeeshan Liaqat, Lori Nikkel.
- The above set of rules will be posted online at